Spacey spoke to confirm his name, date of birth and London address during a brief due process hearing, and the date for his next hearing was set for July 14.
He was granted unconditional bail after his lawyer told the court that he would need to return to the United States between trial dates to work and see his family.
Last month, the 62-year-old “House of Cards” actor was charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men, as well as a fifth charge of forcing a person to perform penetrative sexual acts without consent.
Spacey’s lawyer told the court that he “categorically denies” all charges of the crime.
The actor showed up at Westminster Magistrates’ Court in a blue suit, dark tie and glasses on Thursday and was greeted by a large crowd of reporters and photographers.
The charges he faces include two counts of sexually assaulting a man in London in 2005; a third sexual assault, also in London, against another man in 2008; and the final tally against a man in Gloucestershire, western England in 2013. The fifth non-consensual entry charge also relates to the 2013 incident.
The alleged victim of the 2005 incidents is now in his 40s, while two men allegedly involved in the 2008 and 2013 incidents are now in their 30s, according to the London Metropolitan Police.
The UK Crown Prosecution Authority sanctioned charges against Spacey at the end of May, but charges could not be formally filed until Monday while he was in the United Kingdom.
Spacey won two Academy Awards for his roles in The Usual Suspects and American Beauty, and was Artistic Director of London’s Old Vic Theater from 2003 to 2015.
He also starred in the Netflix political series House of Cards and returned to acting last year.